Wednesday, February 27, 2008

comfort zone

I chatted with a friend yesterday and he told me that he'd leave Jakarta, moved to some place, and started anew by opening his own business and stuff. I couldn't do anything but applaud and wish him well.

Other than being happy for him, I also felt kinda depressed coz he had that courage to take one extra step to the unknown and risk many things. I'm not sure if I'd be willing to do that, even though I know there are numerous people lining up behind me to give me the push to that uncharted territory once I give them a go.

Should we take a risk for the promise of a better life? How does one know it's gonna be better? What if it turns out to be worse? I won't be able to forgive myself if it goes wrong, that's why I'd take the risk only if I'm certain about the result.

Maybe this is a wrong post to make, writing it makes me even more depressed.

No comments: