Monday, April 21, 2008

jog

I had been doing my self-imposed diet for about 4 days when I joined the first after-office jogging session last Thursday. We jogged, or mostly walked in my case, around the Singapore River and back to the office. It turned out that there were quite a lot of people who also jogged during that time. So at least we're not the only ones getting the looks when we passed Clarke/Boat/Robertson Quay. I mean you're not visiting those places wearing sweaty shirt, shorts, and sneakers, right?

There were 9 of us that evening, and for the first 1 or 2 clicks we're still in the groups. Then, we're separated into 4 groups as we couldn't keep up with those with better stamina. But in the end, most of us managed to regroup somewhere near the office.

I had to admit that it was quite fun, and was such a welcome distraction to seeing cubicles all the time. I was also quite surprised with the distance that I ran. I guess it had to do more with pride than stamina after seeing most of the girls kept on running like they're seasoned marathoners.

Once we got cleaned up, we all went to Sakae Sushi for dinner. Then, the boss said the magic words. "Guys, eat & order whatever you want, ok?"

So much for my diet & self-discipline...

No comments: