Tuesday, June 3, 2008

all hails indiana


The world's most loved archaeologist is back complete with his fedora and whip. And we missed him a lot, did we? I did, at least.

The story was meant to be Hollywood's best kept-secret, but I hit the spoiler right away from some guy who called the posting a "review". What a joke. If what he meant by "review" was to keep everyone from watching the movie, then he succeeded. When you do your so-called "review", you're not supposed to give away the movie! That's the essence of actually going to the movie! Ugh...

Anyway, I was kinda a bit disappointed after learning that Lucas & Spielberg decided to choose it as their topic. I thought it'd make the story cheap and not very creative. The moment the crystal skull is revealed, I just know that it would be quite similar with the story in Ruins, which is still the best The X-Files fiction out there.

But in the end you still have to give credit where it's due. And this time around, Indy can still crack his whip. Though I'm not that convinced with them following that Superman Returns-plot. It's very lame, I should say. But if that's the only way to keep the franchise going, then I'm all for it.

4 stars, baby...coz it's Indy, for God's sake!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

udah lama ga kesini,.
sampe lupa ada blog ini :) [oot]

starlight said...

ehm, lagi beres2 Son...belon rapi banget ini rumah baru :P